It’s very annoying when you are watching tv and the remote doesn’t work to switch between channels or adjusting the volume. There may be various reasons why the insignia tv remote control is not working. Before trying various fixes you need to know the actual reason behind your remote not operating. After you will find the exact cause of the issue, you can try a better solution to resolve the problem. Below we have explained all the major reasons why the remote might not work along with their solutions.
Why Insignia Smart TV Remote Not Working
Here is a quick walk through of the things that could be wrong with your insignia remote
- Insignia tv needs to be reset and is not connected with the remote.
- Remote needs to be re-paired with the tv device.
- Batteries are disconnected or dead.
- Water goes inside the remote control.
- The remote is broken from inside.
- There is a blockage in the TV’s receiver so the remote can’t send a signal to tv.
- Remote exposure to high heat and damaging the electronics inside.
Fixing Insignia TV remote
Method 1: Replace the batteries: if your remote suddenly stops working it doesn’t mean there are glitches with the manufactures. Batteries are a source of power in the remote so if your remote has dead batteries it will not work. If you don’t feel good changing batteries again and again you can use lithium batteries.
Method 2: Do a simple reset:
- Remove the batteries from your remote
- Wait for 2-3 minutes
- Put the batteries back in the remote.
On many small devices like remote this is an effective solution. So before moving to a complicated solution, give this a try.
How To Fully Reset Your Insignia Smart TV
- Go to the main screen of your TV to settings.
- Choose the “System” option.
- Then select the option “Reset to factory defaults” and your TV reverts to its factory setting.
Re-pair your insignia tv remote: Sometimes the remote doesn’t work because it requires pairing again. Here are 3 ways to re-pair your insignia remote:
- If you have an enhanced remote, pop off the back of your remote & below batteries you should see a pair tab. Tap & hold that pair key and it will reconnect to your TV.
- If you don’t have a pair key, try clicking & holding the home key for 30 seconds. Make sure the remote is pointing to tv and holding the button for fully 30 seconds.
- If none of the above options works, try pressing & holding the back key, the left navigation & menu button at the same time for 30 seconds.
Check Insignia TV receiver for blockage: if there is any kind of blockage in between your remote and the receiver, it would not work even when there is nothing wrong with your remote.
Most TV’s have the receiver that are hardly visible than your old CRT televisions.
We hope you will find our article useful in troubleshooting and fixing your Insignia tv remote. Try all the shared ways to fix your insignia remote control till it starts working again. Also, let us know your views and feedback on this article so we can provide more useful information. .